- Paint the paper roll a color of your choice and let it dry. You may need to paint a few coats for lighter colors.
- For the wings, fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace your free barney butterfly wing template
- Cut out the wings.
- Glue colored buttons to the butterfly wings. Or have fun decorating the wings however you'd like! You can use pom poms, craft gems or even just color on your own designs.
- To make the antennae, bend the pipe cleaner into the shape of a 'V'. Curl the tips of the 'V' down. Glue two small pom-poms to the tips.
- Glue the antennae to the inside top of the paper roll. Glue the googly eyes near the top of the paper roll and draw a mouth with the black marker.
- Finally, glue the wings to the back of the paper roll.
Download your wings template here:
DIY from: The Best Ideas For Kids